What we do
Rolls-Royce designs, develops, manufactures and services integrated power systems for use in the air, on land and at sea.
We are one of the world’s leading producers of aero engines for large civil aircraft and corporate jets. We are the second largest provider of defence aero engines and services in the world.
For land and sea markets, reciprocating engines and systems from Rolls-Royce are in marine, distributed energy, oil & gas, rail and off-highway vehicle applications. In nuclear, we have a strong instrumentation, product and service capability in both civil power and submarine propulsion.
Rolls-Royce Group overview
- Global provider of complex, integrated power systems and services to the aerospace and marine/industrial power systems markets
- Two strong technology platforms: gas turbines and reciprocating engines
- Consistent, long-term strategy has seen revenue double and underlying profit increase more than five times in the last decade
- Substantial order book provides visibility of future growth with good opportunities to improve margins and cash flow conversion
- Long Term Service Agreements (LTSAs) drive operational efficiency in aftermarket services versus traditional Time & Materials (T&M) business
|Order book (£bn)
|Underlying revenue (£m)
|Underlying PBT (£m)
|Underlying EPS (p)
|Payments to shareholders (p)
|Free Cash Flow (£m)
* excludes Energy business sold to Siemens